At first glogster seemed like a really cool web 2.0 site. It gives anyone with access to the internet the ability to create "Glogs" (glogster doesn't specify what it means, but I think it's "graphic-blogs") you don't NEED to sign up for glogster, although if you want to experience some of the features (like saving your glogs onto glogster, or communicating with other gloggers) you need to. A glog is an online poster that you can make with a whole bunch of still or animated graphics, backgrounds, text box's, etc. You can also upload your own pictures, videos, or sound clips/music onto a glog via glogster. It had all of the communications tools that people would want (online-chat, an e-mail messaging system, ability to edit or view your profile and view others, an avatar to be recognized by, etc. etc.) It also has a link to view top-rated glogs (if you're registered with glogster you can rate glogs that you view) and new glogs. Users can put links of their favorite blogs on their profile and send glogs to friend.
So after I checked everything out for the review, I figured I can't review something if I haven't even used it, so I set out on my way to creating a glog. I worked on it for say, half a hour or so, then I wanted to save a draft and work on it again later. So i clicked save draft, and my computer started acting up and going slow, like my internet program was shortly going to say "not responding". So i exited out, figuring it would save after I clicked save and it went to another page. You'll never guess what happened. I went back onto glogster to finish my glog the next day, it was GONE! I was not very impressed, to say the very least. I just wasted half an hour of my time, and it left a really bad taste in my mouth, so I'm only going to give glogster 1.5 stars, sorry guys!
(I ended up doing another glog.. Click HERE for my glog)
Check out this news story about glogster!
Hey it's good to hear about the bad stuff too.
ReplyDeleteso maybe glogster slows down ur comp a bit...no good for me...dial up is slow enough lol
ReplyDelete